Wednesday, September 26, 2012

White Cat by Holly Black

"Clever as the Devil and twice as pretty." - Holly Black, White Cat

Cassel's family aren't typical. They are curse works. And they're all criminals.

Curse working is illegal. Everyone wears gloves to avoid being cursed. Because working is illegal, most workers are criminals of some form. Murders, con artists, thugs, mobsters, theives, grifters, etc.

Mom: Emotion Worker - Can manipulate a person's emotions to her advantage.
Philip: Body Worker - Can break a person's leg with his pinky.
Barron: Luck Worker - Can give a person good or bad luck.
Grandpa: Death Worker - Can kill a person with a single touch.
Cassel: Non-Worker - Doesn't have the curse.

"I can't trust the people I care about not to hurt me. And I'm not sure I can trust myself not to hurt them, either." - Holly Black, White Cat

White Cat is a thrilling mystery about a boy from a crime family and just how dangerous that is alone. After killing Lila, Cassel must act as normal as he can. But how normal can you be, when you can't remember things. I give White Cat, 5 stars. On to Red Glove.




No comments:

Post a Comment